Business Management (Specialised Short Course)
After completing this specialised short course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the impact of the changing business environment on all forms of entities. The business environment’s influence on organisations is described and practically illustrated.
- Explain the current management practices that are needed to commit the entity to a journey of re-invention in areas such as the appointment of staff, organisational planning, and strategy formulation.
- Understand the move away from bureaucracy towards leadership and management practices resulting in operational improvements and greater customer satisfaction.
- Discuss the management functions of planning, organising, implementation, and control that are needed to ensure that value is unlocked for the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Analyse and reflect on the use of marketing to interact with the customers and potential customers of the entity to ensure that its value proposition is communicated and understood by the target market.
- Identify the elements of the marketing mix and to develop a dedicated marketing mix for a Business to Business (B2B) or Business to Customer (B2C) entity.
- Evaluate the risk of doing business by using a quantitative and qualitative assessment of operations and financial indicators.
- Analyse and reflect on the use of budgets and the analysis of financial statements.
- Assess the resilience of the organisation’s business model by mitigating the unwanted risks in the business environment.
The 2020 fee is R 6, 900.00, which includes your online study material. Persons based outside South Africa can pay in US Dollars, Euros or GB Pounds. Payment of fees must be effected before access to the course.
Short courses are available online internationally. A new short course cycle starts every quarter (January, April, July, and October). Please see the top right of the current page for the next start date of this short course. Register as soon as possible before the start date. The short course duration is 12 weeks.
You will complete weekly online exercise assignments that combine to yield your final mark. The questions may involve multiple choice, a brief discussion of an important issue, or solving a short case study. Your final course mark will be based on the average of the weekly scores achieved. The final pass mark is 50%. A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course. Should you achieve a distinction (75% or higher), this will be so indicated on your certificate.
The course is open to anyone who is basically proficient in English and has internet access.
The distance learning approach requires a student only to have basic Internet and email access.