Quality Leadership for Industry 4.0
The purpose of this short course is to show the benefits of Transformational leadership and educate managers on effective and efficient organisational performance in today’s rapidly changing environment.
Transformational leadership shows managers how to behave in a manner conducive to shared vision and a sense of mission amongst organisational members.
After completing this specialised short course, you will be able to:
- Define the term “leadership”, and explain the difference between leading and managing.
- Distinguish between “knowledge management” and “learning organisation”.
- Understand the supportive link between knowledge management and the learning organisation.
- Explain the profound importance of the organisational value system and leadership role modelling.
- Graspthe attributes common to successful organisations.
- Explain what constitutes leadership and management.
- Distinguish between leadership traits and behaviour styles.
- Discuss comprehensively Covey’s seven habits of successful people.
- Explain the different approaches of the leadership style models.
- Motivate the profound importance of the two critical dimensions identified by the Ohio State studies.
- Understand the conceptual framework of leadership.
- Grasp fully the important influence of organisational culture and climate.
- Motivate why it is important to utilise psychological climate dimensions as profound motivators in leadership.
- Differentiate between transactional and transformational leadership.
The fee is R 7, 900.00, which includes your online study material. Persons based outside South Africa can pay in US Dollars, Euros or GB Pounds. Payment of fees must be effected before access to the course.
Short courses are available internationally. A new cycle of short courses starts every first Monday of each month from February to November.
You will complete weekly online exercise assignments that combine to yield your final mark. The questions may involve multiple choice, a brief discussion of an important issue, or solving a short case study. Your final course mark will be based on the average of the weekly scores achieved. The final pass mark is 50%. A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course. Should you achieve a distinction (75% or higher), this will be so indicated on your certificate.
The course is open to anyone who is basically proficient in English and has internet access.