Office Administration Management
After completing this specialised short course, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe the different aspects in a business organisation, including the factors of production, the functions or departments in an organisation, the classification of enterprises and establishments in the economy, the different forms of businesses and the location of a business.
- Create an office environment to enhance productivity by applying different ergonomic and décor features.
- Identify the factors that will lead to sick building syndrome and give advice regarding safety and security requirements in an office.
- Discuss the advantages of the virtual office.
- Apply the management functions of planning, organising, leading (motivation) and control.
- Explain the role of the information function and information manager in an organisation.
- Identify the information needs in an organisation.
- Explain the relationship between the information function and the other functions in an organisation.
- Discuss the possible future of the information manager in a changing Industry 4.0 economic environment.
- Implement and manage an information system in an office.
- Describe aspects of information management, such as document management, mail and forms management.
The fee is R 7, 500.00, which includes your online study material. Persons based outside South Africa can pay in US Dollars, Euros or GB Pounds. Payment of fees must be effected before access to the course.
Short courses are available internationally. A new cycle of short courses starts every first Monday of each month from February to November.
You will complete weekly online exercise assignments that combine to yield your final mark. The questions may involve multiple choice, a brief discussion of an important issue, or solving a short case study. Your final course mark will be based on the average of the weekly scores achieved. The final pass mark is 50%. A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course. Should you achieve a distinction (75% or higher), this will be so indicated on your certificate.
The course is open to anyone who is basically proficient in English and has internet access.