Quality Organisational Transformation
In order to survive and stay competitive organisations need to identify the internal and external forces that create the need for organisational change. They need to adapt effectively and efficiently to the continuous and complex demands of the situation. The purpose of this short course is to guide managers how transformation and change, and improved performance can be achieved through a clear understanding of behavioural, structural, and operations strategies, and leading a successful change programme.
After completing this short course you will be able to:
- Identify and critically discuss the barriers to strategy implementation and learning.
- Discuss the transformational leadership processes of strategy focus and people focus, and the elements of organisational change.
- Understand the basis of organisational performance and improvement as being structural, behavioural, and operational.
- Define elements of a successful change management programme.
- Distinguish between change management which deals with mobilising resources for transformation, and organisational climate which represents the atmosphere of the organisation.
- Explain that a coordinated strategic change programme should be managed outside the constraining norms of an existing organisational culture.
- Distinguish between external and internal forces that create the need for organisational transformation and change.
- Understand the important link between organisational development and improvement.
- Identify the early warning signs of organisational decline.
- Demonstrate that organisational transformation and change, as well as improved performance are achieved through behavioural, structural, and operations strategies.
- Demonstrate how to lead change and manage resistance to change.
- Understand the characteristics of the three organisational improvement types: adaptive, innovative and radical.
- Describe Lewin’s change model and the systems model for change.
- Explain and apply Kotter’s eight steps for leading organisational change.
- Understand and explain the reasons why employees resist change.
- Identify alternative strategies for overcoming resistance to change.
- Describe how to measure strategic benefits of change.
- Demonstrate how to transform from a bureaucratic organisation to a knowledge-based learning organisation.
The fee is R 5, 900.00, which includes your online study material. Persons based outside South Africa can pay in US Dollars, Euros or GB Pounds. Payment of fees must be effected before access to the course.
Short courses are available internationally. A new cycle of short courses starts every first Monday of each month from February to November.
You will complete weekly online exercise assignments that combine to yield your final mark. The questions may involve multiple choice, a brief discussion of an important issue, or solving a short case study. Your final course mark will be based on the average of the weekly scores achieved. The final pass mark is 50%. A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course. Should you achieve a distinction (75% or higher), this will be so indicated on your certificate.
The course is open to anyone who is basically proficient in English and has internet access.