Industry 4.0 Programme Management
This course will enable students to understand the generic strategic objectives of programme management, to evaluate and apply with understanding programme management principles trough the new-economy management functions with the intention of achieving organisational benefits of strategic importance. It furthermore aims to develop an advanced insight about programme management in the application of the organisation’s supply chain, in particular the cross-functional programme-managed component thereof, utelising high-performance programme teams, with the purpose of improving the performance of the organisational value chain.
Technology-Enhanced Distance Learning
Every Month except December and January
Online lectures of each topic
6 Weeks on a part-time (online) basis
Technology-Enhanced Distance Learning
All short courses are completed individually through technology-enhanced distance learning. You do not need to attend any classes. You have access to your lecture videos and other material on a weekly basis, and all your assignments are submitted online.
The fee is R 5, 900.00, which includes your online study material. Persons based outside South Africa can pay in US Dollars, Euros or GB Pounds. Payment of fees must be effected before access to the course.
Short courses are available internationally. A new cycle of short courses starts every first Monday of each month from February to November.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Evaluate and apply programme management principles as supported by the new-economy management functions of leading, creating, implementing and improving in both a content and context organisational environment.
- Define the fundamental values of programme management and how it interconnects with learning organisations.
- Distinguish between the various portfolios of projects and the value chain portfolio.
- Recognise the valuable contribution of project and programme management for structuring and continuously improving learning organisations in the new economy.
- Define the terms project, programme and portfolio management and describe their attributes.
- Reflect critically on the role of quality and performance management in the organisational supply chain, in particular the cross-functional programme managed component thereof, with the aim of improving the performance of the organisational value chain.
- Describe the process that organisations use to build their learning capabilities in relation to the role of leadership in creating a learning organisation.
- Understand that shaping the organisation’s supply chain and programme processes into cross-functional portfolios that are programme-managed dispels bureaucracy, and encourages transformation and change towards becoming a knowledge-based learning organisation..
- Demonstrate how the application of fundamental programme principles contribute in the success of strategy-focused organisations.
- Explain the important governance role of the Chief Portfolio Officer..
- Understand the systems thinking concept as it applies to programme quality management and business performance improvement.
- Understand the influence of effective organisational design on an organisation’s value chain performance.
Assessment and Awarding of Certificates
You will complete weekly online exercise assignments that combine to yield your final mark. The questions may involve multiple choice, a brief discussion of an important issue, or solving a short case study. Your final course mark will be based on the average of the weekly scores achieved. The final pass mark is 50%. A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course. Should you achieve a distinction (75% or higher), this will be so indicated on your certificate.
The course is open to anyone who is basically proficient in English and has internet access.
What past students say about our courses
The MCom programme at Cranefield has fundamentally changed my outlook and made my service delivery and strategic focus more nuanced. The modules are the best strategic and business learning I have undertaken, vastly overtaking my previous studies both within and outside South Africa. I highly recommend Cranefield for every senior government official.
Senior Manager: Manufacturing, Engineering and Related Services SETA
I have definitely benefitted from my experience with Cranefield. When I completed the Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management, I was a Project Manager at a bank. The course matter delivered by Prof Steyn and his colleagues equipped me with the knowledge and confidence to move across industries and I am now privileged to be the Operations Director of an organization which is leader in transport infrastructure.